COURTNEY RUNDELL is a stand-up comedian, writer and carrot-eater.
Normally, I’d keep writing about myself in third person to make this come off like it was written by some super fancy publicist, but after almost dying a few times, I have very little room for bullshitting in my life anymore.
I started writing creatively when I was eight and fell in love. Poetry was my gateway drug, which led to playwriting, blogging, copywriting and finally stand-up comedy.
The rest of a standard bio usually looks like a rich person asking for a bank loan, but I’ll spare you the mundane.
Here’s some cool stuff I’ve done:
- BFA in Acting – UNR (yeah, Reno). I was a well-known stage actress. In. Reno.
- Starred in a handful of horrible B-movies.
- MA in Playwriting – UCSB (yeah, playwriting, I know).
- Award-winning playwright. Productions in California and Nevada.
- Short film produced.
- Feature film optioned for five years.
- Published blogs at WebMD, Below the Fold Mag and several others .
- Copy in US Weekly, Redbook and Shape Magazine.
- Panelist on Nickelodeon’s “Parental Discretion with Stefanie Wilder-Taylor.“
- Stand-up at The Comedy Store, Flappers and almost every dive bar in the San Fernando Valley.
I live in Los Angeles with my cute husband and our super rad kid. Most importantly, carrots are my favorite vegetable and sharing is caring.
. . .
Click the link below to read my blog, Reno is a Gateway Drug. Someday it will be a book. For now, it’s collecting interweb dust.