I’m a survivor of child abuse, bullying and rape, and a successful adult with alcoholism, PTSD and bipolar disorder. I haven’t had a drink since 1997, I’ve been married since 2003 and I had my son in 2011.
I am a happy, positive and funny human who’s defied the odds:
- 1 in 15 people with alcoholism stay sober for more than one year. (The Atlantic)
- Trauma survivors who have PTSD may have trouble with their close family relationships or friendships. (National Center for PTSD)
- 1 out of 5 people with bipolar disorder die by suicide. (DBSA Alliance)
I present a wide range of topics, ranging from mental illness awareness basics, to maintaining intimate relationships with chronic illness, to helping youth with alcoholism and addiction. My formats are flexible and highly customizable to meet your needs and audience (keynote presentation, breakout session, workshops, Q & A’s, etc).
- Learning How to Live Instead of Survive
- The Healing Power of Laughter
- Staying Afloat When the Storm Strikes
- There’s No One Way to Heal
- How to Stop the Cycle of Violence
- The Power of Forgiveness, Acceptance & Gratitude
- My Story of Addiction, Alcoholism & Recovery
- When Doctor’s Say You’re Okay & You’re Not – Knowing Your Truth
- In Sickness and in Sickness: Marriage & Illness
I spoke and performed stand-up at the 2017 Annual Meeting of the Clinical TMS Society in San Diego, California.
I was a guest speaker for the short documentary “I’m Bipolar, But I’m Not…” for Buzzfeed.
Pretty, Funny Women Podcast: Lisa Sundstedt and I discuss Bipolar disorder, PTSD, Postpartum depression and TMS.
That’s Aloud! Podcast: Adrienne MacIain and I discuss ghosts, postpartum mental illness and the healing power of comedy.
Pop Talk Podcast: Amber Dawn Lee and I discuss, well… everything.